The Faculty of Applied Arts, University of Arts in Belgrade, is pleased to announce its first international conference SmartArt – Art and Science Applied: “From Inspiration to Interaction”. The main idea behind the conference is to provide an international forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences originating in the intersection of applied art and science.
The conference is supported by the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Museum of Science and Technology and Belgrade City Museum.
This year’s theme of the conference “From Inspiration to Interaction” is based on the interdisciplinary and transdisciplinary connections between applied art, social sciences & humanities, technical-technological sciences, as well as other applied sciences influencing applied art. The conference focuses on all aspects of mutual inspiration and interaction between science and fields of applied art: Animation, Ceramic Art and Design, Costume Design, Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Illustration, Industrial Design, Interior & Furniture Design, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Scenography, Film and TV Production Design, Textile Design, Urban Design, and other, including the interaction between science and art in Conservation & Restoration.
We cordially invite all the scientists, as well as artists and experts from the mentioned fields to take part at the conference.
AIM OF THE CONFERENCE
The conference aims at:
- presenting new achievements, research theories, and ideas within the frame of integration of science in the fields of applied arts
- outlining the contribution of applied arts and artistic practices in various scientific and research processes
- creating a platform for the active exchange of knowledge and experience and provide a stimulating context for collaborative practices in the fields of applied arts and science
- the introduction of new tendencies, practices, and results from the symbiosis of art and science in the education system
We invite proposals for papers within the following thematic fields:
- History and Theory of Applied Arts
- Protection of Cultural Heritage
- Applied Art and Digital Technologies
- Applied Geometry in Visual Arts
- New Materials and Technologies in Applied Arts
- Terminological Challenges in Applied Arts
- Educational Aspects of Applied Arts
- and other concepts and perspectives in the collaborative practice of applied arts and sciences
The official languages of the conference are English and Serbian.
The list of keynote speakers will be presented in the Second Call for Papers.
EXTENDED ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Information about conference registration and abstract submission is available at the conference website http://smartart-conference.rs
Conference registration / Abstract submission form is to be filled in and sent to the email address: email@example.com
The form includes:
I Extended abstract (1. title of the paper, 2. abstract no longer than 1000 words, with clearly stated subject, aim, methods and results of the paper, 3. keywords, 4. basic references)
II Personal information about the author(s)
Instructions for formatting full papers will be given in the following calls for papers.
Extended abstracts can be submitted either in English or Serbian (in Cyrillic).
Conference participants are advised to prepare their presentations in English.
At the conference, each paper will be allotted approximately 20 minutes, including time for discussion.
1st June 2019 Deadline for submission of abstracts
15th June 2019 Extended Call for Papers
30th June 2019 Notification of acceptance
30th September 2019 Deadline for payment
15th December 2019 Deadline for submission of full papers
BOOK OF EXTENDED ABSTRACTS AND CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
Book of extended abstracts (with ISBN number) which are accepted for the conference will be available to all participants during the conference.
A selection of peer-reviewed papers will be published as Conference Proceedings.
The conference fee is 30 Euros per paper accepted (15 Euros for Ph.D. candidates).
Payment instructions can be found at the official conference website.
Accommodation recommendations can be provided by the conference organizers upon request.
All the details and important information can be found at the conference website http://smartart-conference.rs
We are looking forward to receiving your proposals and seeing you in Belgrade.
On behalf of the Organising Committee
Asst. Prof. Milan Prosen, PhD
Faculty of Applied Arts
University of Arts in Belgrade